We do everything we can to make sure your experience with us is positive and straightforward. These terms and conditions explain our interactions with you and what happens if you can’t attend an event.
Tickets for events
If you cannot attend an event, we are unfortunately unable to offer a refund or exchange.
We can only offer refunds if the event in question has been cancelled or rescheduled.
Where a concessionary ticket is purchased, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example of age or student status) may be required.
Tickets bought online are subject to a postage and processing fee of £1.20. Tickets will be posted out 2nd class for events that are more than seven working days in the future. Tickets bought online up to one week before the event will only be available for collection, as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive in time if posted. Tickets can be collected from the Lecture Theatre Foyer from 6pm on the day of the event.
We take no responsibility for tickets lost in the post.
Donations for the autumn 2020 FREE online events
Donations made for the autumn 2020 UEA Live series will contribute towards the scheduled authors’ fees, the event production and post production costs.
Personal Assistants and Carers
If you require a Personal Assistant or Carer in order to attend an event with us, your PA/Carer is entitled to a ticket free of charge. Please contact us on email@example.com or 01603 593412 and we will arrange this for you. You will be asked to confirm a few details to verify your ticket purchase.
The information contained within the website and on printed media is correct at time of going to publication. UEA Live and the University of East Anglia reserves the right to make alterations where necessary.
Conditions of admission
Doors open 30 minutes before the scheduled event time. Every effort shall be made to admit latecomers to events at a suitable break in the event, but late admission cannot be guaranteed.
The use of recording equipment of any description is strictly prohibited without specific permission.
UEA Live regularly captures video, audio and photos at events. These may be used for promotional purposes and on social media. If you do not wish to be recorded in this manner please let a member of staff know as soon as possible.
Please set mobile phones to silent during all events.
UEA Live is committed to providing an open-minded and safe environment, and we ask that all guests and festival staff members are treated with dignity and respect. Please refer to UEA’s dignity and respect policy.
The management of the Venue also reserves the right to request that Ticket holders leave the Venue at any point on reasonable grounds and may take any appropriate action to enforce this right.
Autumn 2020 Survey Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is UEA Live who are based at The University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the details of the particular prize draw or competition if you contact us.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of The UEA Arts and Humanities Festival and Events Team and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation, administration of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via email sent to registered attendees of UEA Live: Autumn 2020. The email contains a link to this survey.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient entries which are not submitted strictly in accordance with the Specific Terms and Conditions will not be valid and will not be accepted.
- Closing date for entry will be Sunday 31 January 2021. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: The entrant must have completed the UEA Live: Autumn 2020 survey and submitted their response with their email address.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: Two (2) Season Pass tickets to the online UEA Live: Spring 2021 Festival (7 events)
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not for re-sale, are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents
- Winners will be contacted within 14 days of the draw or judging via the email address provided in their entry. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, age and address. In the event that the winner is unable to provide proof of identity and age in a reasonably acceptable format, the Promoter may withdraw the prize and select another winner.
- Winners will have 14 days from the date the communication is sent to respond and claim their prize, after which time a re-draw will take place and the prize will be allocated to a new winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- We may publish or make available information that indicates that we have selected a winner. We also reserve our right to publish the winner’s surname, county of residence and, if applicable, the winning entry on the websites and social media channels managed by UEA Live subject to the participants objecting to such publication to safeguard their right to privacy. We may still be required to disclose this information to the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Subject to the winner’s right to object to release his or her information under Section 18, the winner’s surname and county of residence can also be obtained by sending an e-mail to email@example.com within 30 days after the closing date of the prize draw or competition.
- UEA Live shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- UEA Live also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Prizes are not for re-sale, are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available in any circumstances. The Promoter reserves the right to replace prizes with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.