We do everything we can to make sure your experience with us is positive and straightforward. These terms and conditions explain our interactions with you and what happens if you can’t attend an event.
Tickets for events
We will no longer be accepting cash or cheque for tickets purchased on the door. We will accept card payments only.
If you cannot attend an event due to a positive Covid-19 result, we are able to offer a full refund. You will be required to provide proof of a positive Covid-19 test.
We are unable to offer refunds for any other reason unless the event in question has been cancelled or rescheduled.
Where a concessionary ticket is purchased, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example of age or student status) may be required.
We are monitoring the current Covid-19 situation closely and attendance is based on current rules and subject to change at any time as a result of government recommendations or requirements. If deemed necessary for safety reasons, events will be moved online, and your tickets will be transferred to this format.
UEA is a registered charity. Funds raised from UEA Live are used to benefit the University of East Anglia.
Online purchases for in-person events
We will not supply physical tickets for individual events in the Spring 2022 season. As you enter the venue, a member of staff will verify your ticket purchase. Please bring your booking confirmation.
Season tickets bought online will be posted out to those who purchase three weeks or more in advance. Those purchased after that time can be collected at the first event you attend.
Personal Assistants and Carers
If you require a Personal Assistant or Carer in order to attend an event with us, your PA/Carer is entitled to a ticket free of charge. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 593412 and we will arrange this for you. You will be asked to confirm a few details to verify your ticket purchase.
The information contained within the website and on printed media is correct at time of going to publication. UEA Live and the University of East Anglia reserves the right to make alterations where necessary.
Conditions of admission for in-person events
Doors open 30 minutes before the scheduled event time. Every effort shall be made to admit latecomers to events at a suitable break in the event, but late admission cannot be guaranteed.
The use of recording equipment of any description is strictly prohibited without specific permission.
UEA Live regularly captures video, audio and photos at events. These may be used for promotional purposes and on social media. If you do not wish to be recorded in this manner, please let a member of staff know as soon as possible.
Please set mobile phones to silent during all events.
UEA Live is committed to providing an open-minded and safe environment, and we ask that all guests and festival staff members are treated with dignity and respect. Please refer to UEA’s dignity and respect policy.
The management of the venue also reserves the right to request that ticket holders leave the venue at any point on reasonable grounds and may take any appropriate action to enforce this right.
Privacy Statement: ‘Book Bundle’ purchases – in partnership with Jarrold Department Store, Norwich
About your data
We have published further information on how we use personal data. This contains links to additional information, including contact details for any questions or concerns.
Specific Competition Terms and Conditions: UEA Live: Autumn 2021, Audience Survey Competition
- The promoter is UEA Live who are based at The University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ and can be contacted via email@example.com. Please specify the details of the particular prize draw or competition if you contact us.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of The UEA Arts and Humanities Festival and Events Team and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation, administration of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via email sent to registered attendees of UEA Live: Autumn 2021. The email contains a link to this survey.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient entries which are not submitted strictly in accordance with the Specific Terms and Conditions will not be valid and will not be accepted.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday 29 January 2022. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: The entrant must have completed the UEA Live: Autumn 2021 survey and submitted their response with their email address.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: Two (2) Season Tickets to the online UEA Live: Spring 2022 Festival (8 events)
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not for re-sale, are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents
- Winners will be contacted within 14 days of the draw or judging via the email address provided in their entry. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, age and address. In the event that the winner is unable to provide proof of identity and age in a reasonably acceptable format, the Promoter may withdraw the prize and select another winner.
- Winners will have 14 days from the date the communication is sent to respond and claim their prize, after which time a re-draw will take place and the prize will be allocated to a new winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- We may publish or make available information that indicates that we have selected a winner. We also reserve our right to publish the winner’s surname, county of residence and, if applicable, the winning entry on the websites and social media channels managed by UEA Live subject to the participants objecting to such publication to safeguard their right to privacy. We may still be required to disclose this information to the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Subject to the winner’s right to object to release his or her information under Section 18, the winner’s surname and county of residence can also be obtained by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days after the closing date of the prize draw or competition.
- UEA Live shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- UEA Live also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Prizes are not for re-sale, are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available in any circumstances. The Promoter reserves the right to replace prizes with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.